Thursday, July 15, 2010

Piping Hot Summer Drummer 2010


The boys and I traveled to Canada for bagpipe camp. It is called Piping Hot Summer Drummer and is put on by one of our favorite pipebands, The Simon Fraser University Pipe Band or SFU for short. There is excellent instruction here from accomplished pipers from all over the world. I can tell that the boys are getting excited about their pipes again.

I am not taking any classes myself. I spend the days hiking, cooking meals, reading, taking photos, exploring the web, etc. It has been a good time for me as well.

Hiking alone in the forest, I find myself communing with the LORD. He reveals his creativity in the simplest things. To view a small fly on a flower is to a small miracle when you consider the extreme complexity of the systems that are contained in those creations. I stop as I pass by and pause to snap a picture. And then I am on my way again. The fly remains along with a million others. The humming of their tiny wings raises praise the their Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment